Monday, November 1, 2010

Wednesday: World History





What had gone in our world this week?



Nov. 1






  • 1512 - Michelangelo's paintings on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel were first exhibited to the public.


Nov. 2





  • 1721 - Peter the Great (Peter I), ruler of Russia, changed his title to emperor


November 3





  • 1507 - Leonardo DaVinci was commissioned by the husband of Lisa Gherardini to paint her. The work is known as the Mona Lisa.




  • 1796 - John Adams was elected the 2nd U.S. President.




  • 1957 - Sputnik II was launched by the Soviet Union. It was the second manmade satellite to be put into orbit and was the first to put an animal into space, a dog named Laika.




  • 1975 - "Good Morning America" premiered on ABC-TV.


You can read more here



Thank you for playing along...:)

2 comments:

  1. That was really interesting Nancy. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nancy.
    I don't really know just what to do here but hoping I can join you next week.
    I usually have my week's postings in draft so I am ahead each week.
    I will try to join you soon, tho..
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete